cover是什么意思 cover在线翻译 cover什么意思 cover的意思 cover的翻译 cover的解释 cover的发音 cover的同义词 cover的反义词 cover的例句
动词色惰日本视频网站遮盖; 掩蔽; 涉及; 洒上
名词封面; 掩护; 覆盖物; 避难所
1. under plain cover色惰日本视频网站 : 以普通信封寄发；
2. under cover : 隐藏着；
3. break cover : 从隐藏处出来；
4. from cover to cover : 从头至尾；
5. cover in : 封盖；
6. cover over : 遮没；
7. under separate cover : 在另函中；
8. under the cover of色惰日本视频网站 : 趁着, 以...为幌子；
1. The police are covering all road out of town.
2. These regulations cover such cases.
3. The police had the criminal covered.
4. Dust covered the furniture.
1. The land was flat and treeless and provided no cover for the troops.
A：Here. Take these pills (three times/ twice/ ten times) every (day/ an hour/ thirty minutes).
B：Does my insurance cover them?
A：Why do you want to go to U.K.?
B：I want to study for a doctorate.
A：How long do you intend to stay in U.K.?
B：About two years.
A：Does your scholarship cover the whole two years?
B：Yes, it does.
A：Where will you live?
B：I hope to live on the university campus. I have a letter here from my professor about accommodation.
A：May I have a look? Thanks. Is your family going with you?
B：Oh, no, I am going alone.
A：Now that we’re about to own a house, I think we should get it covered.
B：Yes, I talked with an insurance saleswoman about it yesterday.
B：Sure. She said that once we finalize the sale, we just need to make an appointment with her.
A：How long will it take to get covered?
B：I believe the insurance policy will kick in immediately.
A：That’s great. Did you pick up any brochures.
A：Maybe we could start reading up on the different policies now. I heard that many of the homes that were damaged during Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans weren’t covered.
B：You’re kidding! Did they have some home insurance or did home insurance just not cover floods?
A：Most of the policies didn’t cover floods.
B：I guess we should make sure to read the fine print very carefully. Shall we go there now?
A：Why not? I have nothing better to do.
1. 覆盖：这个部门的金融分析师(Equity Analysts)覆盖(Cover色惰日本视频网站)不同的经济生产行业的公司和股票. 卖方的金融分析师的主要职能是为作为买方(Buy Side)的共同基金提高市场分析,收取佣金(Commissions). 同时,卖方的市场分析师要跟自己覆盖的公司管理层搞好关系,
3. 补偿：而FDIC则保证如有任何贷款人不还钱而终于法拍(foreclosure)或短售(short sale)其房产,FDIC将补偿(cover)其80%至95%的损失. 但关键的一点是,当计算其损失时,不是根据其实际购买的价格,而是根据最初的贷款额. 比方说,$478,
4. 盖：本试验法之目的系提供电工产品在运输、储存及使用期间,遭受降水(falling drops)、冲水(impacting water)或浸水(immersion)时之试验方法,以验证封盖(cover)与密封之能力,使元件及装备在标准降水场试验中或之后仍能正常工作.
If you cover something, you place something else over it in order to protect it, hide it, or close it.
e.g. Cover the casserole with a tight-fitting lid...
e.g. He whimpered and covered his face...
If one thing covers another, it has been placed over it in order to protect it, hide it, or close it.
e.g. His finger went up to touch the black patch which covered his left eye...
e.g. His head was covered with a khaki turban.
If one thing covers色惰日本视频网站 another, it forms a layer over its surface.
e.g. The clouds had spread and nearly covered the entire sky...
e.g. Two oil slicks are covering a total area of seven square miles...
To cover something with or in something else means to put a layer of the second thing over its surface.
e.g. The trees in your garden may have covered the ground with apples, pears or plums...
e.g. She covered the walls with the signs of the zodiac.
If you cover色惰日本视频网站 a particular distance, you travel that distance.
e.g. It would not be easy to cover ten miles on that amount of petrol...
e.g. It covered the distance in 28 hours compared with the train's six days.
To cover色惰日本视频网站 someone or something means to protect them from attack, for example by pointing a gun in the direction of people who may attack them, ready to fire the gun if necessary.
e.g. You go first. I'll cover you.
Cover色惰日本视频网站 is protection from enemy attack that is provided for troops or ships carrying out a particular operation, for example by aircraft.
e.g. They said they could not provide adequate air cover for ground operations.
Cover is trees, rocks, or other places where you shelter from the weather or from an attack, or hide from someone.
e.g. Charles lit the fuses and they ran for cover.
e.g. ...barren wastes of field with no trees and no cover.
An insurance policy that covers色惰日本视频网站 a person or thing guarantees that money will be paid by the insurance company in relation to that person or thing.
e.g. Their insurer paid the £900 bill, even though the policy did not strictly cover it...
e.g. These items are not covered by your medical insurance...
Insurance cover is a guarantee from an insurance company that money will be paid by them if it is needed.
e.g. Make sure that the firm's insurance cover is adequate.
If a law covers a particular set of people, things, or situations, it applies to them.
e.g. The law covers four categories of experiments...
e.g. Like any other commodity, pedigree dogs are covered by the Sale of Goods Act.
If you cover色惰日本视频网站 a particular topic, you discuss it in a lecture, course, or book.
e.g. The Oxford Chemistry Primers aim to cover important topics in organic chemistry...
e.g. Other subjects covered included nerves and how to overcome them.
If journalists, newspapers, or television companies cover色惰日本视频网站 an event, they report on it.
e.g. Robinson was sent to Italy to cover the 1990 World Cup...
e.g. The US news media will cover the trial closely.
If a sum of money covers something, it is enough to pay for it.
e.g. Send it to the address given with £1.50 to cover postage and administration...
e.g. Those figures might not even cover the cost of breakages.
A cover色惰日本视频网站 is something which is put over an object, usually in order to protect it.
e.g. ...a family room with washable covers on the furniture.
e.g. ...a duvet cover.
The covers色惰日本视频网站 on your bed are the things such as sheets and blankets that you have on top of you.
e.g. She set her glass down and slid farther under the covers.
The cover色惰日本视频网站 of a book or a magazine is the outside part of it.
e.g. A few years ago, David Byrne was on the cover of Time magazine.
e.g. ...a small spiral-bound booklet with a green cover...
Something that is a cover for secret or illegal activities seems respectable or normal, and is intended to hide the activities.
e.g. They set up a spurious temple that was a cover for sexual debauchery...
e.g. As a cover story he generally tells people he is a freelance photographer.
If you cover for色惰日本视频网站 someone who is doing something secret or illegal, you give false information or do not give all the information you have, in order to protect them.
e.g. Why would she cover for someone who was trying to kill her?
If you cover for someone who is ill or away, you do their work for them while they are not there.
e.g. She did not have enough nurses to cover for those who went ill or took holiday.
To cover色惰日本视频网站 a song originally performed by someone else means to record a new version of it.
e.g. He must make a decent living from other artists covering his songs.
22. 同 cover version
A cover is the same as a cover version .
e.g. The single is a cover of an old Rolling Stones song.
色惰日本视频网站23. see also: covered;covering
To blow someone's cover色惰日本视频网站 means to cause their true identity or the true nature of their work to be revealed.
e.g. Asking those kind of questions could blow my cover...
e.g. The young man looked embarrassed, as if he were a spy whose cover had been blown.
If you break cover色惰日本视频网站, you leave a place where you have been hiding or sheltering from attack, usually in order to run to another place.
e.g. They began running again, broke cover and dashed towards the road.
If you take cover, you shelter from gunfire, bombs, or the weather.
e.g. Shoppers took cover behind cars as police marksmen returned fire.
If you are under cover色惰日本视频网站, you are under something that protects you from gunfire, bombs, or the weather.
e.g. 'Get under cover!' shouted Billy, and we darted once more for the tables.
If you do something under cover of a particular situation, you are able to do it without being noticed because of that situation.
e.g. They move under cover of darkness.
If you cover your back or cover your rear, you do something in order to protect yourself, for example against criticism or against accusations of doing something wrong.
e.g. The canny Premier covered his back by pointing out that he was of Scottish stock.
30. 同 cover your back
Cover your ass means the same as cover your back .
e.g. Just play it safe, cover your ass, keep your head down.
1. fire that makes it difficult for the enemy to fire on your own individuals or formations
e.g. 色惰日本视频网站artillery provided covering fire for the withdrawal
Synonym: covering fire
2. the act of concealing the existence of something by obstructing the view of it
e.g. the cover色惰日本视频网站 concealed their guns from enemy aircraft
3. a false identity and background (especially one created for an undercover agent)
e.g. her new name and passport are cover色惰日本视频网站 for her next assignment
4. the protective covering on the front, back, and spine of a book
e.g. the book had a leather binding
5. bedding that keeps a person warm in bed
e.g. 色惰日本视频网站he pulled the covers over his head and went to sleep
6. a recording of a song that was first recorded or made popular by somebody else
e.g. they made a cover of a Beatles' song
7. a covering that serves to conceal or shelter something
e.g. a screen of trees afforded privacy
under cover of darkness
the brush provided a covert for game
the simplest concealment is to match perfectly the color of the background
8. covering for a hole (especially a hole in the top of a container)
e.g. he removed the top of the carton
he couldn't get the top off of the bottle
put the cover back on the kettle
9. a natural object that covers or envelops
e.g. under a covering of dust
the fox was flushed from its cover
10. a fixed charge by a restaurant or nightclub over and above the charge for food and drink
Synonym: cover charge
1. clothe, as if for protection from the elements
e.g. 色惰日本视频网站cover your head!
Synonym: wrap up
2. sit on (eggs)
e.g. Birds brood
The female covers the eggs
3. protect by insurance
e.g. The insurance won't cover this
4. be responsible for reporting the details of, as in journalism
e.g. Snow reported on China in the 1950's
The cub reporter covered New York City
5. maintain a check on
especially by patrolling
e.g. The second officer covered the top floor
6. act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression
e.g. This book deals with incest
The course covered all of Western Civilization
The new book treats the history of China
7. hold within range of an aimed firearm
8. protect or defend (a position in a game)
e.g. 色惰日本视频网站he covered left field
9. be responsible for guarding an opponent in a game
10. play a higher card than the one previously played
e.g. 色惰日本视频网站Smith covered again
11. form a cover over
e.g. 色惰日本视频网站The grass covered the grave
Synonym: spread over
12. provide with a covering or cause to be covered
e.g. cover her face with a handkerchief
cover the child with a blanket
cover the grave with flowers
13. put something on top of something else
e.g. 色惰日本视频网站cover the meat with a lot of gravy
14. copulate with a female, used especially of horses
e.g. 色惰日本视频网站The horse covers the mare
15. cover as if with a shroud
e.g. The origins of this civilization are shrouded in mystery
16. travel across or pass over
e.g. The caravan covered almost 100 miles each day
17. spread over a surface to conceal or protect
e.g. 色惰日本视频网站This paint covers well
18. hide from view or knowledge
e.g. The President covered the fact that he bugged the offices in the White House
Synonym: cover up
19. be sufficient to meet, defray, or offset the charge or cost of
e.g. Is this enough to cover the check?
20. to take an action to protect against future problems
e.g. Count the cash in the drawer twice just to cover yourself
21. help out by taking someone's place and temporarily assuming his responsibilities
e.g. 色惰日本视频网站She is covering for our secretary who is ill this week
22. invest with a large or excessive amount of something
e.g. She covered herself with glory
23. include in scope
include as part of something broader
have as one's sphere or territory
e.g. This group encompasses a wide range of people from different backgrounds
this should cover色惰日本视频网站 everyone in the group
24. make up for shortcomings or a feeling of inferiority by exaggerating good qualities
e.g. he is compensating for being a bad father
25. provide for
e.g. The grant doesn't cover my salary
26. span an interval of distance, space or time
e.g. The war extended over five years
The period covered the turn of the century
My land extends over the hills on the horizon
This farm covers some 200 acres
The Archipelago continues for another 500 miles
- 考试英语单词大全 (7本教材) 大学英语2011考研英语核心英语 大学英语考研英语大纲词汇英语 大学英语考博英语 成人英语成人高考专升本英语 成人英语MPA英语 成人英语MBA联考英语 成人英语BEC商务英语
- 出国英语单词大全 (5本教材) 成人英语雅思英语 成人英语托福英语 成人英语GRE英语 成人英语GMAT800分常考英语 成人英语托业英语
- 大学英语单词大全 (13本教材) 大学英语四级英语 大学英语六级英语 大学英语专业四级英语 大学英语专业八级英语 大学英语PETS公共英语一级大纲英语 大学英语PETS公共英语二级大纲英语 大学英语PETS公共英语三级大纲英语 大学英语PETS公共英语四级大纲英语 大学英语PETS公共英语五级大纲英语 新概念英语第一册英语 新概念英语第二册英语 新概念英语第三册英语 新概念英语第四册英语
- 高中英语单词大全 (6本教材) 人教版高一英语 人教版高二英语 人教版高中英语 上海版牛津高中英语 苏教版译林牛津高中英语 高考高频词汇高中英语高考拓展英语
- 初中英语单词大全 (13本教材) 人教版初一英语 人教版初二英语 人教版初三英语 苏教版译林牛津初中英语 广州版初中英语七年级英语 广州版初中英语八年级英语 广州版初中英语九年级英语 上海版牛津初中英语 北京版初中英语 考试英语初中英语中考英语 仁爱版初中英语七年级英语 仁爱版初中英语八年级英语 仁爱版初中英语九年级英语
- 小学英语单词大全 (33本教材) 人教版小学英语三年级英语 人教版小学英语四年级英语 人教版小学英语五年级英语 人教版小学英语六年级英语 苏教版译林牛津小学英语 剑桥少儿幼儿自学英语预备级英语 剑桥少儿幼儿自学英语一级英语 剑桥少儿幼儿自学英语二级英语 剑桥少儿幼儿自学英语三级英语 广州版小学英语三年级英语 广州版小学英语四年级英语 广州版小学英语五年级英语 广州版小学英语六年级英语 北师大版小学英语一年级英语 北师大版小学英语二年级英语 北师大版小学英语三年级英语 北师大版小学英语四年级英语 北师大版小学英语五年级英语 北师大版小学英语六年级英语 外研版新标准(三年级起)小学英语 外研版新标准(一年级起)小学英语 上海版牛津小学英语 新起点小学英语一年级英语 新起点小学英语二年级英语 新起点小学英语三年级英语 新起点小学英语四年级英语 新起点小学英语五年级英语 新起点小学英语六年级英语 深圳版小学英语 新版小学英语三年级英语 新版小学英语四年级英语 新版小学英语五年级英语 新版小学英语六年级英语