business是什么意思 business在线翻译 business什么意思 business的意思 business的翻译 business的解释 business的发音 business的同义词
business英 [ˈbɪznəs] 美 [ˈbɪznɪs]
名词生意; 商业，交易; 事务，业务; 职业，行业
1. know one's business : 精通自己一行；
2. on business : 因公；
3. go into business : 从事商业；
4. go out of business : 歇业；
1. Business before pleasure.
1. Business has been bad this year.
2. He has a business in the town.
3. It's a teacher's business to make children learn.
4. Mr.Jones is in the business of selling cars.
A：Here’s my (card/ business card/ name card).
B：I’m applying for (law school/ business school/ graduate school).
A：Sounds hard. Good luck.
A：I‘m sorry, but I have to cancel out luncheon appointment.
B：I‘m sorry to hear that.
A：I have pressing business to attend to .
B：No problem. we‘ll make it later in the month .
Business is work relating to the production, buying, and selling of goods or services.
e.g. ...young people seeking a career in business...
e.g. Jennifer has an impressive academic and business background.
Business is used when talking about how many products or services a company is able to sell. If business is good, a lot of products or services are being sold and if business is bad, few of them are being sold.
e.g. They worried that German companies would lose business...
e.g. Business is booming.
A business色惰日本视频网站 is an organization which produces and sells goods or which provides a service.
e.g. The company was a family business...
e.g. The majority of small businesses go broke within the first twenty-four months...
Business is work or some other activity that you do as part of your job and not for pleasure.
e.g. I'm here on business...
e.g. You can't mix business with pleasure.
You can use business to refer to a particular area of work or activity in which the aim is to make a profit.
e.g. May I ask you what business you're in?
e.g. ...the music business.
You can use business色惰日本视频网站 to refer to something that you are doing or concerning yourself with.
e.g. ...recording Ben as he goes about his business...
e.g. There was nothing left for the teams to do but get on with the business of racing.
You can use business色惰日本视频网站 to refer to important matters that you have to deal with.
e.g. The most important business was left to the last...
e.g. I've got some unfinished business to attend to.
If you say that something is your business, you mean that it concerns you personally and that other people have no right to ask questions about it or disagree with it.
e.g. My sex life is my business...
e.g. If she doesn't want the police involved, that's her business...
You can use business to refer in a general way to an event, situation, or activity. For example, you can say something is 'a wretched business' or you can refer to 'this assassination business'.
e.g. We have sorted out this wretched business at last...
e.g. This whole business is very puzzling.
You can use business when describing a task that is unpleasant in some way. For example, if you say that doing something is a costly business色惰日本视频网站, you mean that it costs a lot.
e.g. Coastal defence is a costly business...
e.g. Parenting can be a stressful business.
11. see also: big business;show business
If two people or companies do business with色惰日本视频网站 each other, one sells goods or services to the other.
e.g. I was fascinated by the different people who did business with me.
If you say that someone has no business to be in a place or to do something, you mean that they have no right to be there or to do it.
e.g. Really I had no business to be there at all.
A company that is in business色惰日本视频网站 is operating and trading.
e.g. You can't stay in business without cash.
If you say you are in business, you mean you have everything you need to start something immediately.
e.g. All you need is a microphone, and you're in business.
If you say that someone means business, you mean they are serious and determined about what they are doing.
e.g. Now people are starting to realise that he means business.
If you say to someone 'mind your own business' or 'it's none of your business', you are rudely telling them not to ask about something that does not concern them.
e.g. I asked Laura what was wrong and she told me to mind my own business.
If you make it your business to色惰日本视频网站 do something, you decide to do it, because you are interested in it or because you want to find out something.
e.g. She made it her business to find out.
If you say that you are not in the business of色惰日本视频网站 doing something, you are emphasizing that you do not do it, usually when you are annoyed or surprised that someone thinks you do.
e.g. We are not in the business of subsidising scroungers.
If a shop or company goes out of business or is put out of business, it has to stop trading because it is not making enough money.
e.g. Thousands of firms could go out of business.
If you say that someone or something is the business, you mean that they are the best of their kind.
e.g. When you watch him in training, you realise that this lad is the business.
In a difficult situation, if you say it is business as usual, you mean that people will continue doing what they normally do.
e.g. The Queen was determined to show it was business as usual.
1. incidental activity performed by an actor for dramatic effect
e.g. his business with the cane was hilarious
2. the principal activity in your life that you do to earn money
e.g. he's not in my line of business
3. the activity of providing goods and services involving financial and commercial and industrial aspects
e.g. computers are now widely used in business
Synonym: commercial enterprisebusiness enterprise
4. the volume of commercial activity
e.g. business is good today
show me where the business was today
5. a rightful concern or responsibility
e.g. it's none of your business
mind your own business
6. an immediate objective
e.g. gossip was the main business色惰日本视频网站 of the evening
7. business concerns collectively
e.g. Government and business could not agree
Synonym: business sector
8. a commercial or industrial enterprise and the people who constitute it
e.g. he bought his brother's business
a small mom-and-pop business
a racially integrated business concern
9. customers collectively
e.g. 色惰日本视频网站they have an upper class clientele
- 考试英语单词大全 (7本教材) 大学英语2011考研英语核心英语 大学英语考研英语大纲词汇英语 大学英语考博英语 成人英语成人高考专升本英语 成人英语MPA英语 成人英语MBA联考英语 成人英语BEC商务英语
- 出国英语单词大全 (5本教材) 成人英语雅思英语 成人英语托福英语 成人英语GRE英语 成人英语GMAT800分常考英语 成人英语托业英语
- 大学英语单词大全 (13本教材) 大学英语四级英语 大学英语六级英语 大学英语专业四级英语 大学英语专业八级英语 大学英语PETS公共英语一级大纲英语 大学英语PETS公共英语二级大纲英语 大学英语PETS公共英语三级大纲英语 大学英语PETS公共英语四级大纲英语 大学英语PETS公共英语五级大纲英语 新概念英语第一册英语 新概念英语第二册英语 新概念英语第三册英语 新概念英语第四册英语
- 高中英语单词大全 (6本教材) 人教版高一英语 人教版高二英语 人教版高中英语 上海版牛津高中英语 苏教版译林牛津高中英语 高考高频词汇高中英语高考拓展英语
- 初中英语单词大全 (13本教材) 人教版初一英语 人教版初二英语 人教版初三英语 苏教版译林牛津初中英语 广州版初中英语七年级英语 广州版初中英语八年级英语 广州版初中英语九年级英语 上海版牛津初中英语 北京版初中英语 考试英语初中英语中考英语 仁爱版初中英语七年级英语 仁爱版初中英语八年级英语 仁爱版初中英语九年级英语
- 小学英语单词大全 (33本教材) 人教版小学英语三年级英语 人教版小学英语四年级英语 人教版小学英语五年级英语 人教版小学英语六年级英语 苏教版译林牛津小学英语 剑桥少儿幼儿自学英语预备级英语 剑桥少儿幼儿自学英语一级英语 剑桥少儿幼儿自学英语二级英语 剑桥少儿幼儿自学英语三级英语 广州版小学英语三年级英语 广州版小学英语四年级英语 广州版小学英语五年级英语 广州版小学英语六年级英语 北师大版小学英语一年级英语 北师大版小学英语二年级英语 北师大版小学英语三年级英语 北师大版小学英语四年级英语 北师大版小学英语五年级英语 北师大版小学英语六年级英语 外研版新标准(三年级起)小学英语 外研版新标准(一年级起)小学英语 上海版牛津小学英语 新起点小学英语一年级英语 新起点小学英语二年级英语 新起点小学英语三年级英语 新起点小学英语四年级英语 新起点小学英语五年级英语 新起点小学英语六年级英语 深圳版小学英语 新版小学英语三年级英语 新版小学英语四年级英语 新版小学英语五年级英语 新版小学英语六年级英语